Sunday, December 2, 2018

New Member of the Flock! Introducing Kito!


Kito!  A four and a half month old Timneh African Grey.

It took me all of fifteen minutes or so once we got home to fall completely in love with this little cuddlebug.

I have never had a bird be so sweet, and loving, and just plain cuddly immediately on coming to a new home.  I've had over a dozen birds in my 20 plus years of bird companionship, including a Goffin's cockatoo, and they've all been a bit standoffish for the first few days.  I'm not sure if he is just fearless, or if he will get even sweeter as he gets to know us.


His hatch-date was July 13th - it feels a bit like we were fated to be together, as that was right as we finished moving in here!  He was weaned onto seed mix - not ideal.  However, she also gave him lots of good fresh veggies and fruits and other good tidbits, so teaching him to eat pellets and all the good fresh stuff shouldn't be a problem.  He is DNA sexed male.

Unfortunately I'm having a heck of a time getting his cage here.  It was originally supposed to be here last weekend, and just had the fourth attempt cancel.  Hopefully website number five will actually work!  In the meantime, his travel cage is plenty big enough for a temporary stay, especially with him being a clumsy baby and he being in a new place.  And of course he'll be spending the majority of the days out with me!


And of course...  picture overload!

First order of business of course, grooming!

Checking out my spouse's hair...  he seems to love hair so far.

Speaking of loving hair...  time to groom new mommy!

He wanted to know what that little box was I kept pointing at him!  lol

Doop de do dum dum...

He's so curious, wants to check out everything...

Obviously, he loves his millet.

"Get that stupid box away from my millet!  Mine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment